Tuesday, October 6, 2015

New Recipe Tuesday

Hey friends!
How is the week treating you so far? Good I hope!
I'm struggling to concentrate writing this post.  My hometown boys-Astros- are playing the Yankees tonight!!! We are up 1-0!  I can say the entire city of Houston is praying for win!!! haha

To kick off Fall- I have A NEW RECIPE!

BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
First- there are 2 methods in which to make this soup.  You can use a high speed blender-like a Vitamix or Blendtec OR an immersion blender.  This is an immersion blender, if you're unfamiliar.
Soup:
3-4lb Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1" cubes
1 Sweet Onion(yellow), peeled and quartered
2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
3-4 Garlic cloves, peeled
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 c Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.  In a single layer, place squash, onions, carrot and garlic on baking sheet.  Pour oil on veggies, then generously cover with salt and pepper.  Then toss to coat evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.

*If using a high speed blender- put all ingredients into blender along with chicken broth.  Blend until desired consistency. If you find the soup is still too thick, add in more chicken broth or unsweetened almond milk.  Serve with fresh black pepper or a dollop of greek yogurt.

*If using an immersion blender, put all ingredients into a stock pot.  Cook the squash until tender.  Then turn off the heat and carefully use the blender to blend the soup.  Blend until desired consistency.  Serve with black pepper or a dollop of nonfat greek yogurt.


Doesn't that look amazing??? 

I've been quite busy in the kitchen lately!  Since I still had a TON of tomatoes that I knew I couldn't eat alone, I made salsa!

Not picture- the 2 LARGE jalapeños I put in the salsa. I like the heat!! haha

Are there any "fall" like recipes you want me to "clean up"?? Post in the comments! I LOVE a challenge!







No comments:

Post a Comment