Friday, August 7, 2015

Hey friends!
How was your week?  Mine was been pretty good.  Nothing spectacular to share.  Sorry I wasn't able to post a new recipe of Tuesday.  I had the pleasure of helping of local ministry set up a home for deserving mom and her young daughter.  I was truly humbled.  I was out late so I wasn't able to post a new recipe.  However, I did create a new recipe.  I took a "chopped" (TV show on The Food Network)style to this recipe.  I wanted to use only ingredients I had in the pantry, fridge or freezer. No trip to the store.  Here is what I came up with:

I really need to work on my photography skills!


CRANBERRY JALAPENO SALSA/RELISH
1 c Frozen Cranberries, slightly thawed
1 jalapeño, seeded(or not depending on how much heat you prefer)
1/4 red onion
2 garlic cloves
1-2 limes, juiced
Pinch of Salt
Handful of Cilantro-optional

Throw the jalapeño, onion and garlic into the food processor.  Chop until desired texture.  Then add cranberries, lime juice and salt.  Pulse/chop until desired texture.  If you want cilantro, add it in this step.  Serve cold.
This is great with chips, pita bread, on top of grilled chicken or even on top of cream cheese or brie!  You your imagination!

I'm just so in love with it.  It's so pretty! haha

Do you all have big plans for the weekend?  Back-to-school tax free shopping? NOT ME!  I cannot handle that craziness!

I have an early wake up call tomorrow.  I will be volunteering with Christian Community Service Center handing out backpacks, stuffed with school supplies, to 6000+ local deserving children.  I have volunteered at this event for the past 4 years, and each year I am more humbled than the year before. Get out and volunteer friends! 

Goodnight!







No comments:

Post a Comment