Sunday, August 9, 2015

Weekend Rewind

Hey friends!
I hope you are having a great weekend!  I am!

On Saturday, my friends and I were up early to volunteer.  We had blast helping CCSC with their annual Back-to-school event!

After being on our feet for 4 straight hours, it was time for some lunch.  We were in the Bellaire area, so we hopped over to Bernie's Burger Bus!



I ordered the Paleo Burger in a bowl, with a side of blue cheese. Oh my! It was tasty.  If you haven't been to Bernie's, I highly recommend you try it!  Try their caramel apple pie milkshake! Seriously- heaven in a cup!  I didn't have it this time )c:  Since I am gluten-free now.

After lunch we headed THE resale shop in Houston.

My friend Tiffany picked up some great jewelry.  My other friend Melissa had a couple consignment items here, which she found out sold quickly!  I didn't buy anything, but I certainly had my eye on a set of china and a pinball machine.  I should have purchased the Pachinko machine.  Seeing this Pachinko machine warmed my heart.  It reminded me of some dear family friends.  They were my childhood neighbors and they had one in their game room.  One day I will have one in my house!

After this shop, we headed to another resale shop, Bluebird.  It is a good shop also, but we didn't find anything we HAD to have.  Melissa, our resident antique expert, took us to an estate sale.  Tiffany and I had never been to estate sale.  We were excited!  However, when we drove up to the sale, Melissa knew right away that it was a "set up" estate sale.  Meaning a company just brought in a bunch of invaluable things that a real estate company had in their inventory.  We were a little disappointed so Melissa promised to take us to another estate sale soon.

We then headed to Ikea.  Just to window shop.  Which wasn't the brightest idea.  The store was packed and it seemed someone forgot to turn on the air conditioning.  We didn't spend much time there but we did find this adorable stuffed broccoli toy.  Since I LOVE broccoli, I had to take a picture with it. 


After the Ikea trip, we were tired and headed back home.  

I joined Melissa, her husband and son for dinner at Pappa's.  I indulged on this tasty dinner- shrimp and rainbow trout with a side of spinach.  It was SO good.
I was so proud of myself and resisted the delicious white crusty french bread they serve with dinner.  #goglutenfree

After dinner, I headed home.  Netflix and my couch were calling my name.  I wasn't sure if I should watch a new release movie or a classic.  I chose classic- Stand By Me.  I had forgotten how good the movie was and I love the tracks during the movie.  I love classic rock!

Today, I wanted to experiment with a recipe in a gluten free cookbook I checked out from the library. Yes, I go to the library.  You should too! Did you know they have movies and tv series on DVD you can rent- for free?!?! Love it!

I made this english muffin for breakfast using brown rice flour!  It was a little drier than a traditional english muffin but it was SO good.
I didn't add a pad of organic butter and a dollop of GF, no sugar added apricot jelly! So tasty!

Since it's Sunday Funday, I am making homemade ice cream to share with my small group tonight.  If  you haven't made my ice cream, here is the recipe.  It's simple and so good!  

Unfortuantely it is that time- time to do some chores around the house and meal prep.  

How was your weekend?  Have any of you got an amazing find from a resale shop or estate sale? I would love to hear about it!











No comments:

Post a Comment