Sunday, August 16, 2015

Rough start to an epic end

Hey friends!
Sorry I have been MIA this week.  It was a roller coaster!  Not the kind that makes your blood pump and scream with excitement.  Instead the kind that makes you think, I shouldn't have eaten a funnel cake before jumping on this ride!

Tuesday, when I woke up at 5:00am for my run, it was warm in my condo.  By warm, I mean 80 degrees! Yikes!  Needless to say, I was sweating before I even began my run.

Tuesday was my dad's birthday, so I took off early, well had to the take the day off to wait for the AC repairman, who never showed up. GRRR! Anyways, I headed to my parent's for dinner.  After dinner, while everyone was enjoying spice cake, I was in the corner salivating.  I had the forethought to bring some GF graham crackers.  My mom always has the ingredients for S'mores- so BAM! GF dessert!

Oven baked S'mores!!! They were good, but not as good as campfire S'mores.

After dinner and dessert, we played a few card games then called it a night.  I woke up early to head to work and was so lucky to catch this sunrise picture!

Wednesday and Thursday were my typical days.  Except that I was staying at my friend Melissa's house because my air conditioning wasn't fixed.   Long story, but my AC wasn't fixed until FRIDAY!!  However, I am SO blessed to have a so many friends who offered to let me stay with them!  I stayed with my friend Melissa and her family. Melissa and I are in the same small group at church. I enjoyed our extended "sleep over", I was able to get to know her and her family better.

Needless to say, because I was living out of a suitcase, I took the chance to let my body rest and not work out.  It was a smart decision because my shoulders(rotator cuff-both shoulders) have been very achy.

Friday was normal day at work.  UNTIL- my boss offered my 4 Astros tickets! I was so excited!  I can't get enough of my Hometown Boys!  After work, I met my sweet friend Faith for dinner and pedicures!  Friday evenings can't get much better than that!

So I was up early on Saturday morning, hit the farmer's market, an estate sale with Melissa(total flop) and back to the my house to do chores before the game.

Soon it was time to leave for the game.  I didn't want ballpark food, so we stopped at Zoe's Kitchen on the way.  SHOUT OUT to Zoe's on Bay Area!! Mike the manager, was amazing! By the way, they have a gluten free menu, if you didn't know.

We traversed through traffic and arrived at the park just in time to catch the 2005 World Series Team Memorial.  It was so cool to reminisce and see the team players now! 





What a view from our seats! Spoiled- I believe so! #livingthedream 

The game started slow, but things got interesting quick!  Two seats to the left of me, a teenage girl took a foul ball to the cheek! She caught it but you could tell it was painful!  But she took it like a trooper and didn't even cry!  She stayed for the rest of the game! Poor thing, I bet she was in pain today!  
Then a bat went flying into our section and hit a woman right in the head!  Not a cracked bat, or piece, the WHOLE BAT!  Praise God it didn't knock her unconscious! She was able to walk out our the section and to first aid station!

Next, a bad call, challenge and ruling reversed, caused this skirmish between Head Coach Hinch and the Ump! Which resulted in Coach Hinch being ejected.  Boo's heard round the park, probably all the way in Detroit!


After that, my friend and I decided we needed a beverage!

My toes match my drink, coincidence, I think not! haha

Despite a great opening ceremony, lots of foul ball action, and a great effort by the boys, we lost the game!  However, we were blessed with another day at the park- so we won!

How did you spend your Saturday??









No comments:

Post a Comment