Thursday, August 27, 2015

Happy Friday Eve!

Hello lovies!
How is your week going? Mine is flying by! I just realized it's Thursday and I didn't post the new recipe! Sorry folks!

Before I get to the recipe, let's chat school! EVERYONE was posting "first day of school" pics.  As I tried to "like" all of my friends kid pictures, it got old quick. No offense ya'll!  Since I too started a class on Monday, my group decided we wanted a first day pic too!


I hope I didn't take on too much for this fall.  This class(Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem) is going to be a lot of work.  Lots of reading, heavy topics and lots of discussion.  But I KNOW I will only grow from it! I am excited!  Our group, we're already calling ourselves "the cool kids".  haha

Here is what you've all been wanting for . . . . the new recipe! 

SHEPPARD'S PIE
1/2lb Ground Sirloin
1/2 Small Onion, diced
1 c Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 c Raw Mushrooms, chopped
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed(cooking method of your choice-I cheated and cooked mine in the microwave)
3 tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 to 2/3 c Low Sodium Beef Broth
1 tbsp Liquid Aminos (could substitute Worchestershire Sauce)
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
1 tsp Oregano
Pinch of Salt
Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a nonstick skillet, brown sirloin and onion.  Cook thoroughly.  Next add in the mushrooms.  Then add tomato paste and beef broth, stir well.  Then add in seasonings- garlic, cayenne, oregano, salt and pepper.  Simmer on low for 10 minutes.  Next add in mixed vegetables and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
To assemble the pie- grease an 8x8 pan.  First put in the meat and vegetable mixture.  Then spread in one layer the mashed potatoes.  Smoothing it out as if you were icing a cake.  Then bake in the over for 30 minutes or until potato layer is slightly firm and turning golden.  You could broil for a few minutes to get a slight crust on the potatoes!

I seriously had to restrain myself with this dish. I fell in love with it!!  

Next up, I need to give a shout out to Mother Nature!!! The weather was absolutely PERFECT this morning!!!  It made my 5.5 mile run fun! haha
Only in Texas do we get excited over 73 degrees! 


This is God's work at it's best! I love sunrises and sunsets!


Well it's time to wrap up this post and make dinner.  I've got crawfish tails and my mind is racing with ideas on how to cook them! haha




 

No comments:

Post a Comment