Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hey loves!
I need to apologize for my absence! Lots of new, fun and exciting things are going on around here. I am so blessed.  I will share the details soon!
First I need to share a few pics and a recipe or two!

Turkey Pumpkin Chili 
1lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
1-15oz can Diced, Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1-10oz can Tomato Sauce
1-15oz can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 C Low Sodium Beef Broth
1/2 Red Onion, chopped
1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 1/2 tbsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Paprika
1-1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper(less if you don't like spicy)
1 tsp Salt

In a medium pot over medium heat, melt oil.  Then add onion, bell pepper, garlic and ground turkey.  Cook for 5 minutes or so.  Then add in can tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth and all seasonings stirring thoroughly.  Reduce heat to low.  Simmer for 10 minutes.  Then add in beans and pumpkin.  Simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.  Serve over fresh spinach, a baked sweet potato or with nonfat greek yogurt on top.  Enjoy!

Last Saturday was my 9th race!!! Yes 9th!  I had the pleasure of running the Travis Manion 9/11 Fallen Heroes Run.



My friend Athena and I before the race.  It was such a cool morning.  However due the rain the night before, the ground were soggy and made parking difficult.  Which then lead to a delay in the start.  A one hour delay!  That wasn't fun because it quickly warmed up to 80 but time the race started.
However, we still had a great time supporting our local armed service men and women!

I also got to race in these fly kicks for the first time!! Too bad I got them REALLY muddy after the race!

My 10th race will be the Komen Houston Race For the Cure on October 31st!

Here is a link to my page "Team Coconuts" Show us your Coconuts- if you want to join me or want to donate!


I'm not sure what my 11th race will be.  My friend(seasoned runner) is trying to convince me to run the La Porte Fred Hartman Bridge Half Marathon!  If you're familiar with the area- that will be a tough race! PLUS I will be running a half marathon in December!  I'm not sure if I am ready for back to back half marathons.  

With all this run talk, I'm getting tired.  I've got a 6 mile run in the morning before work, so it's time to unwind.
Goodnight friends- I've missed you!!









No comments:

Post a Comment