Tuesday, July 7, 2015

New Recipe Tuesday!

Hey Friends!
How is Tuesday treating you?? Good I hope!
Because this is a food and fitness blog, I should share the beautiful dinner I had last night.  Yes I am that person taking pictures of their food the minute it is placed on the table.

Doesn't that look AMAZING??? It is filet mignon topped with lump crab meat and a side of sautéed spinach!  This paired perfectly with a glass of Pinot Noir!!!  I ate the entire thing!! No shame here! It was SOOOO good!


I'm sure you're all waiting for the new recipes, so I will quit rambling on and share!
First up:

COCONUT CARAMEL ICE CREAM
1- 13.5 oz Can- Reduced Fat Organic Coconut Milk
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Maple Extract
1 packet Stevia
2-1/4 c Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk
1/2 c Coconut Sugar
1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt

This is a 3 part process.  First, mix the canned coconut milk, vanilla, extract, maple extract and stevia in a glass jar. Shake well. Refrigerate overnight.  This step is essential to creating a rich flavor.  When ready to make ice cream, whisk almond coconut milk, sugar and salt until dissolved.  Then add vanilla extract and stir.  Next, add coconut milk mixture and stir.  Let this mixture sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  Then pour in frozen bowl for the ice cream maker.  Churn the ice cream as per ice cream maker instructions, about 15-20 minutes.  Remove bowl from machine and pour mixture in to a bowl.  Enjoy! You can add any toppings you wish!
Store ice cream in a plastic, airtight container.

Recipe #2
Coconut Mojito
*this mojito is not made with rum but vodka instead*
1.5 oz Coconut Vodka(I use Ivannabitch brand)
1/2 can La Croix Coconut Soda(or plain club soda) 
1 lime, sliced in half, then into 4 small wedges
6-8 Fresh Mint Leaves(depending on your mint preference)
1 tsp sugar OR 1 packet of Stevia
Favorite beverage glass

Muddle the mint, sugar and lime. Here is a video if you need a visual. It's okay if you linger a while to watch Jamie Oliver, he's so handsome!
Enjoy!
This can be made with any flavored vodka. Or add in fresh fruit for added flavor.



A few weeks back, I won a free week membership to The Iron Den gym. So today I decided to give it a try.  Its a hardcore, knotty, gritty type gym.  No AC, nothing fancy and shiny.  I have to admit it, I loved it.  I sweated my booty off!!!  It was a nice change of scenery from my swanky gym- The Fitness Center at South Shore Harbor(though my heart is here).
I worked shoulders and sprinted a mile.
My shoulders look nonexistent in this pic )c:
What did you train today? 

Has anyone tried Shakeology shakes? Thoughts, advice?  I have some friends who really love them.  I am waiting on a couple of samples. I look forward to trying them.

Goodnight loves!








No comments:

Post a Comment