Sunday, July 12, 2015

Whew what a weekend!

Hello Friends!
I hope you all had a great weekend!  I am sad to have this weekend end.  My sweet 7 year old niece stayed with me all weekend.
When she arrived on Friday afternoon- we must first- selfie! haha

The first thing on our list was to go to the library.  She is a bookworm just like her aunt!

Then we went to dinner at Pomodoro's.  Pizza, of course!  She ate 4 pieces! I was so surprised.  After dinner we headed back to my place to play in the kitchen.  We both love Fruity Pebbles cereal.  Fruity Pebble crispy treats were the perfect dessert!




You can bake without licking the spoons!

I have the perfect spot for viewing the Kemah Fireworks! Though this picture doesn't show that.  Since I had been up since 5am, after the show, we went to bed.  We had big plasm for Saturday so I needed my rest.



After breakfast, we let our stomachs rest then we headed to Jump World.  She jumped, I people-watched.  haha

She needed ALL of that stuff just to go to the pool- 20 feet from my condo! haha

We had a great day. Sun was out but not too hot.  My niece befriended everyone at the pool!  Even the people I don't know.  Well I guess I know them now thanks to her! That is such a "Royce" trait.  
When the sun set, it was time to head inside for dinner.
My niece wanted tacos.  By tacos she meant, the meat, cheese, lettuce, shell ALL separately.  With ketchup! Yuck! I sweetly informed her that that was not tacos.  We laughed.  

After dinner we headed to our favorite ice cream spot(well one of them)!
At this point in the weekend, I am nearing a diabetic coma.  However I will NEVER pass up ice cream!  We enjoyed our treat outside the shop, then headed back home.
I turned on The Aristocats and we settled in for the night.  Going throwback, I know.  What is your favorite throwback flick?
Friends, we located this gem at the library.  Yes, the library! They're free and they have an amazing selection! Adult and kids movies, tv shows, documentaries.  


Sunday, we got up and started getting ready for church.  We stopped for donuts she picked a white glazed with sprinkles, of course.  I grudgingly sipped on my green protein smoothie. haha

Since she hadn't been to my church I was worried she might not want to go to children's church.  She was excited when we walked in(our first impression crew in Creek Kids is awesome).  She loved it so much she didn't want to leave. 
We then grabbed a quick bit to eat and headed to the nail spa.  She wanted a pedicure, and what kind of aunt would I be if I didn't oblige.  Preface- she never gets them, so I figured I could spoil her a bit! #1 Aunt status!!!

After our spa treatment, it was time for me to take her home.  She was sad to go but missed her mom, dad and baby brother.

Selfie before I send her off!



This weekend was a glimpse into parenthood.  While scary and overwhelming, it was fun.  Parenthood is a blessing, but so is Aunthood!

Good night all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment