Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New Recipe Tuesday

Hey Lovies!
How is this week treating you??? Good I hope!  My week is jammed packed with doctor's appointment, meetings, coffee dates, running, etc.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.  Speaking of running- my next race is this Saturday!!!
The Lunar Rendezvous Honey Well Fun Run!  Right here in my backyard of Clear Lake!  I am super excited, mainly because I will get to sleep in longer since my drive time to the race is about 5 minutes!!

Last week, I was quite adventurous in the kitchen when I attempted homemade sunflower seed butter.  Friends, I will admit, I often have doubts about my recipes.  I HATE creating a recipe and failing.  More so over the wasted ingredients than anything.  There are starving kids in this country, how careless could I be with the food that could have fed them??  Though usually when a recipe doesn't turn out like I plan, it isn't a complete loss.  I repurpose, recreate and reuse! haha

Ok enough blabbering and on to the recipe!




SUNFLOWER SEED BUTTER
2 c Roasted, Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
1 tsp Coconut Oil- optional
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon- optional
Pinch of Sea Salt

Using a food process with the "S" blade, pour sunflower seeds in and start to blend.  The blending and mixing process will take a while- trust the process. Blend, push mixture down from the sides of the bowl, blend again. If your mixture seems to stick and will not get smooth, add in the coconut oil.  Repeating this process for approximately 10 minutes until desired consistency is reached.  If you like a smoother butter, go 12-15 minutes.  Once desired consistency is reached, add in vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and salt.  Blend for a few seconds until incorporated.  Store butter in a glass jar or air tight container for 2 weeks.
Enjoy!

I'm beat and I have a 5am run scheduled.  Goodnight Friends! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment