Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekend Festivities & Photo Dump

Hey friends!
I hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend.  Since I was off on Thursday AND Friday I tried to make the most of it.  I slept in! By sleeping in, I mean 8:30am haha.  Friday I met a friend for lunch at a local bistro.
Doesn't that look great!! Amazing presentation! "Lady Bug" mozzarella salad with grilled chicken.  Tastebud Heaven!

After lunch, I met up with another group of friends for some fun times on the lake.  We launched the jet skis and took off across the lake going 70mph!  At one point my sweet friend Lisa(who drives a jet ski like her BMW) turned fast and we both flew off.  Neither of us got hurt, thank goodness.  We jumped back on and played for a few more hours.  
We took a dinner break to grab some pizza from a local pub.  After dinner(and watching baseball) we headed back to Lisa's parents lake house to pop fireworks.


Yes I know the pictures aren't great, but you get the point. I did have to help my two Scottish friends with the large fireworks.  No one got burned and the cops weren't called. #winning

On to Saturday! I slept in again!  I had coffee and breakfast in bed(my favorite).  I cleaned the house a bit, did a load of laundry then worked out.  
My gym was closed, which didn't give me an excuse not to train!  I went to Youtube on my Apple TV to find a workout. I have written a few at-home workouts but I wanted to try something new.
 I stumbled upon the BeFit channel.  Is anyone familiar?  I really enjoyed the HIIT (high intensity interval training) style.  The only critique I have is that it was more lower body than upper.  I wanted a mix of both.  Oh well! It was a great 450 calorie burn!

After my workout I cleaned up and joined some friends at my condo pool!


My beverage of choice for the 4th was coconut mojitos!!! 
Typically mojitos have rum, but I stumbled upon this coconut vodka and fell in love!
These are so refreshing, low in sugar and calories!! I will post the recipe on Tuesday! 

Summer holidays call for tasty treats too!  Since it was in the upper 90's, homemade ice cream was just what we needed to cool down.  



I was SO surprised that the ice cream turned out as good as it did.  I think it has a caramel-butterscotch-coconut flavor. To quote Guy Fieri- it is a trip to FLAVORTOWN!!!  Now some one needs to come eat some so I don't eat it all!!! I will post this recipe on Tuesday along with the coconut mojito recipe! (c:

Sunday Funday arrived quickly! It was a hot and breezy day- which called for quality time in the pool.  Unfortunately after the massive amount of guests (uninvited) at my condo pool this weekend, the pool cleaner thing was broken. I could have cried!  So I worked on my tan instead.

After my brief sunbathing session, I freshen up and headed to meet my small group.  We had a great meeting!


I probably need to wrap this post up and get some actual work done!

I announced the winner of the FREE digital cookbook on my Instagram.  Head over there to see who won!!!!
I will be hosting another giveaway soon! Stay tuned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment