Thursday, July 2, 2015

Cheers to a long weekend!!!

Here's to a long weekend!!!

My generous boss closed the office today and tomorrow!!! Woot Woot!!!  Our installation crews have been kicking butt and traveling ALOT.  We all needed the extra time off-before we kick off 3 large projects this month!

Wednesdays are usually my off training days.  However, I was vowed and determined to redeem my myself from last Saturday's hot and slow race.  Despite having incredibly sore legs, I jumped on the treadmill(yes treadmill-again! Texas cannot catch a break from the rain) and ran a fast, smooth, pain-free 5 miles.  I was in the zone and so focused.  My mind was clear and my feet were fast.  Asthma wasn't bothering me and my hip pain was non-existent.  MAN it felt SO good.   Thank you GOD!!!
Post workout selfie. Sweaty mess status right there. haha

After my run I headed home to work out in the kitchen! I threw together this meal!
That is Chipotle Bison Meatloaf, Sauted Kale and Cauliflower Mash.  Stick-to-your-ribs good!!!  I was able to get the mash very smooth this time, using a different and quicker technique.
 I like both lumpy and smooth potatoes(cauliflower).  How do you like yours- smooth or lumpy? 
I will post these recipes next Tuesday!!

I need to grab some protein powder. This happened yesterday!
That is a scary but sad face- when you're out of your favorite protein powder! Metabolic Nutrition Protizyme Peanut Butter Cookie.  I LOVE this protein powder.  It's great with water or milk.  I also make a "green" smoothie also.  I also add it in nonfat greek yogurt to make protein pudding.


On to the fun stuff!!  I'm celebrating the 4th with a GIVEAWAY!!!
I am giving away a digital copy of my cookbook!!!!!
How to win . . . . 
1.  Follow me on Instagram AND Facebook!
2.  Go to my Instagram account, TAG 3 of your friends
3.  Tell me what your favorite meal is- Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner! Or all three if you're like me!!
The contest ends at Midnight, CST on Friday July 3rd.  The winner will be announced on Sunday Funday July 5th.  Don't forget to follow me so I have your information to contact you!!
Thank you all for you love and support!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment