Monday, June 29, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Hello Friends!
How was your weekend??  I have a great weekend.  Friday was a low key day.  After work I picked up my race packet for the Deer Park Independence Fun Run.
After I picked up my packet, I went to the gym for a light shake out run.  Afterward I set up on the couch for a evening with Netflix.

Saturday, I was up at 5:00am to get ready for the race.  I always lay out my race outfit the night before.  I put everything I need in one spot- GPS watch, race belt, fuel, asthma inhaler, sunglasses, etc.
If I run a 5k, I will not eat anything before the race.  But for this 10k race, I knew I needed the fuel, so I planned ahead and made overnight oats Friday night.
I ate my oats, drank and pre-workout shake and headed to Deer Park.


Friends, I will say, this was not an easy race.  It was hot, 86 when the race started, humid and no breeze.  It was tough.  I had to walk a couple times.  Even the seasoned runners, were stopping to walk.  I didn't run my best time. Not even close.  However, I did finish- without injury nor was I sick. After I crossed the I found a shady spot to hydrate and stretch.   After I cooled down, I headed back home to lay out by the pool.  

After the pool it was time to feed the beast!  I went to Hooter's - yes Hooter's! Don't judge me!  I love their sauce.  Wings, beer, Astros and good company- how else does a girl want to spend a Saturday night out?!?!

Today I woke up early for the last class of FPU at church.  Followed by service, then serving in PeeWee Wille.  
Then it was a quick trip to the grocery store. Where I only spent $26!!! One reason I got off so cheap was because I didn't buy any protein.  I go to The Fresh Market on Tuesdays to purchase my chicken breast.  They have no-antibiotic, hormone free, organic chicken for $2.99/lb.  That is a steal!! Air chilled, organic chicken at my usual store is $9/lb! 

I wrapped up Sunday having dinner and visiting with my church small group.

Sadly, Monday came too quickly!!! Can I get a witness?!?!
Work was typical.  My workout- wasn't!
It was leg day! 
I started with a quick warm up on the treadmill.  Then I did the following for 4 sets- 15 reps
Standing Leg Curls
Leg Extension
Split Squats
Walking Lunges
Single Leg Press
Thigh Abductor
Thigh Adductor
I finished by stretching and foam rolling.  I hadn't worked legs in a week(since I was taking it easy for Saturday's race) so we shall see how sore I will be.  

If you missed my Monday Motivation post on Instagram, here you go
-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Training and running are my outlets. I work out the frustrations of work and world. I leave it all there in the gym or on the pavement.  It's so gratifying working your body and pushing yourself to the limit- then seeing results! #winning

What helps you to work through frustrations?  How do you feel when you don't workout?  Lethargic? Guilty? Tell me, I would love to hear! (c:





No comments:

Post a Comment