Sunday, June 7, 2015

Scenes from a Sunny Weekend

Hello Friends!  I hope you all had a great weekend! It was picture perfect weather here in Southeast Texas.  Here are a few snap shots from my weekend festivities.

After work on Friday, I had a deep tissue massage appointment.  My sweet masseuse continues to tell me that my muscles are tight, knotted up and that I need to take a few days off(in a row, she knows she must specify with me haha).  So I took her advice and veggied out on the couch all evening.  Binge watching The Americans! What a great series!

Saturday morning I slept in and drank coffee in bed.  I made my usual Saturday morning protein waffles and put myself together to head to the Nutrition Depot Clear Lake Health and Fitness Expo!
At the expo I ran into this hot blonde, my friend- Alexis! She reps my favorite protein powder brand(which I hope to someday)

Here are the goodies I scored from the expo.

After the expo, I made a quick trip to the grocery store.  Then, I couldn't ignore the lounge chair any longer.  I threw on my bathing suit to soak up some rays.
Of course I lathered myself in sunscreen.  I did get some color to my skin, and I am no long "egg-shell" white. haha

After I laid out and played in the pool a bit, I went to the craft store for some fabric.  I met up with my queen-sewing-bee friend and we put together this project
I took an old set of mini blinds and turned it into a roman shade.  This was a project I found on Pinterest.  We made some modifications, and it turned out well.  I am glad I didn't attempt to create this on my own, because it definitely requires more than two hands.

Today I went to church, and came back home to continue to "be still" and binge watch The Americans.  I did a bit of meal prep and making snacks for the week.
One great trick is to precut cucumbers and carrots to have readily available when you have the urge munch.  Instead of grabbing chips, or handfuls of nuts, grab something lighter while your cooking dinner.

Before I let you go for the night, I am working on a new recipe using this
No it isn't a cocktail! Those recipes I've already perfected! haha (c;

Any guesses???



No comments:

Post a Comment