Sunday, June 14, 2015

A weekend of fun

Hello friends!
I hope you all had an amazing weekend! I know I did, despite still feeling sick! If I'm not feeling better tomorrow, I will go to the doctor.  This may warrant a trip to my doctor because I have a race in 2 weeks and I haven't ran in over a week!! Eek!

Moving along, Friday was the release of season 3 of Orange is the New Black.(cringe, gasp- yes I watch it! The character development is so good once you overlook the graphic nature of the show).  My friend and I made breakfast for dinner- "Brinner" as we're going to call it now and watched two episodes.

Saturday started out rainy but it didn't keep me and a few of my small group members from going to lunch before the Astros Game.  We lunched at a cute little restaurant called Barnaby's cafe.
Doesn't this look amazing?!?!  You cannot tell by my poor photography skills!  My friend and I split a burger and salad.  The salad was GIGANTIC.  You can see I split it into two bowls- when it came piled in one! I could have been 3 meals for me.
The burger was mile high! See the beverage in the picture! It was tasty and I ate it all! #treatday

After an amazing lunch we headed to the ball park!


The highlight of the evening was the testimonies given by Collin McHugh and Josh Fields followed by an amazing concert by MERCY ME!!!!! Did you know the Band Mercy Me was from Greenville, TX??? I didn't!!! Love me some Texas boys!

This isn't our entire small group- but we still had fun! We missed the others who weren't able to join us!

Grudgingly, I got up extra early on Sunday to take FREE financial course that my church was hosting.  I need the refresher! Primarily my job costs of numbers and money, its difficult to come home and balance my own checkbook ok and write a budget.  I know I am not alone in that feeling.  But trusting in HIM and knowing HE has control is key!  

After class, church service, then volunteering in PeeWee Ville, I headed to the grocery store to do my weekly shopping.  I only needed a few things so it was quick trip in and out.  

I scored major when I bought a pound of Texas Peaches for only 98 cents!!!! No they were not organic, however at that price, it is too good to pass up!  I do try to buy most all my food organic.  However, staying on budget, eh hem financial class I just attended, is crucial when you want to a better steward of your money.  #daveramsey
Another shopping trick, is to check different areas of the store for certain items.  If you're shopping for spices, we go to the spice aisle.  However, check in the ethnic section or bulk section- its often cheaper in those sections.  
I needed dried oregano.  
The 2oz package on the left was $1.68, while the container on the right is .75oz for $1.86.  It doesn't take a mathematician to figure the savings there!  Luckily I hadn't tossed the container in the recycle bin yet, so I washed it and refilled it! Saving money and helping save the environment! haha

Do you have a supermarket saving tip? Please share it with us!

I am a bit sad that this great weekend is coming to a close.  I hope to be back in the gym tomorrow! Stay tuned in, on Tuesday I will be posting my recipe for the Flourless Chocolate Protein Cake I made this past week!

Goodnight Loves!








No comments:

Post a Comment