Tuesday, June 16, 2015

New Recipe Tuesday

Despite the craptastic weather we have, thanks to TS Bill, I had a pretty great day!

Today was my first day back at the gym!! woot woot! My friends though I was dead because  I hadn't been in a week!  I jumped on the treadmill for an easy run.  Before I knew it I had ran 4 miles! I felt so good! I guess my body really needed the rest. Maybe the cold "reset" my body! I will definitely be ready for my race next Saturday!!

Speaking of running, my goal is run a race every month for a year.  I'm having trouble finding a race in July.  Specifically I prefer to run a race that benefits a women's or children's charity.  If you know of one, please let me know.  Here is my schedule so far
June 27th- Independence Fun Run 10k, benefiting Armed Forces Children's Education Fund
July ????
September- 9/11 Heros Run at Ellington Field
October 31st- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
November ???
December- Santa Hustle Half Marathon


Last week I experimented in the kitchen and created this tasty treat-
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CAKE!!
Serves 1- not for sharing (c;
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
Pinch of baking powder
1 packet stevia
1/2 tsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp liquid egg white
1 tbsp + 1 tsp unsweetened applesauce
Splash of vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a small oven sage dish with cooking spray.  Mix cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, stevia and flax seed together.  Then add wet ingredients(egg white and applesauce).  Mix thoroughly.  If mix is a bit thick, add a splash of unsweetened almond milk.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Check after 15 minutes to see if the cake is firm, poke with toothpick, if it comes out clean- then cake is done!
Serve warm! Enjoy!


My heart is so full right now!!! I just got off the phone with my niece. She asked my sister to call me just because she wanted to say hi! Awww she's so cute.  Cutest 7 year old ever!  I'm so lucky to have a niece and 2 nephews!


Good night friends! My book and bed are calling my name.  Anyone studied Ecclesiastes before?  Would a study bible help? Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment