Tuesday, June 23, 2015

New Recipe Tuesday!

Hey friends! How are you?  I am riding high this week . . . so far!  I usually train legs on Monday, but since I have the race on Saturday, I worked back and bi's instead.  I have struggled with pull-ups.  I hate doing them.  They just feel uncomfortable for me. Not in a I'm-going-to-be-sore but in a awkward like my shoulders and back feel "out of place".  However I have been working through sets and really pushing myself.  Focusing on the eccentric contraction.  Here are some "selfies" from last night's session.


I am so proud of my progression!  It's been a long journey! I am looking forward to having bat wings!! haha As my friend Richard says, until then, I will be Robin! (c:

Today I have a hair appointment.  Ladies, we cannot neglect maintenance.  Or am I the only one who doesn't like the ombre look?!?!? I just looks like you need to see a stylist! haha
Seriously my stylist is amazing!!! 

After the trip to the salon, I went to the gym for a quick 5 mile run.  Wow was I HANGRY after all that.
On Monday I made almond crusted chicken.
This isn't a great picture because the chicken looks so much better than this!
Almond Crusted Chicken
3 chicken breasts, approx. 1 lb
1/4 c almonds, ground in the food processor
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 c whole wheat bread crumbs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.  Mix ground almonds, onion and garlic powder, cajun seasoning and bread crumbs together.  Dredge each chicken breast in the mixture and place on the baking sheet.  Bake for 35 mins.  Broil on low for an additional 3 minutes or until crisp.  Enjoy!!

That is all for now friends! My bed is calling me! Goodnight!!



No comments:

Post a Comment