Friday, June 5, 2015

Hello Friends!!
Sorry I have been MIA! It's been a crazy hectic week but fun!
I promised you a few recipes ....................

TURKEY QUINOA BURGERS
1 lb 99% Lean Ground Turkey Breast
3/4 c Quinoa, cooked according to package directions, cooled
1 Egg White
1 tsp Liquid Aminos
1/3 c Red Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Ground Mustard Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Black Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet(preferably with a lip) with foil and spray with cooking spray.  In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients.  Form into 6 patties- more or less depending on how large you like the patties.  Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.  Then switch oven to low broil.  Broil for 4 minutes, watching to ensure the patties do not burn.  Done! Enjoy! 

Chipotle Aioli
Aioli typically means a mayonnaise based sauce or with egg yolks. This recipe does not include either.  I don't think it should be called a "sauce". Either way it's tasty and would work as a topping/condiment for many recipes or dishes. I used 2 chipotle peppers in the recipe, picture above. However it was entirely TOO hot to enjoy the flavor.
1-5.2 oz container of nonfat plain greek yogurt
1-Chipotle chili in adobe sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Blend all ingredients in the food processor.  Refrigerate. 


Wednesday was National Running Day!  So I celebrated by getting up at 5:30am to get in a run before work.  I snapped this shot while on my morning run by Clear Lake.  While I am not a fan of getting up that early to run, I am glad I did!  Except . . . that there is a donut shop on my route.  The smell of warm delicious pastry followed me for miles.  

Later that evening, I met up with a buddy for some good ol' American Baseball!!!!

2nd Row, 3rd Base Line- Epic seats! Thank you Chuck!! 


Yes this happened! It was $1 Hotdog Night!  I haven't had a hotdog in years.  Surprisingly, it was tasty! haha Though it gave me terrible acid reflux.


I follow Shields of Strength on IG and Facebook and have been wanting a necklace like BAD!  They were hosting a "Treasure Hunt" at the ball park.  I left my buddy(sitting in our spectacular seats) to "hunt" out this treasure!  I located the owner and he rewarded me with this kettle bell necklace with Psalm 28:7 verse on it! I NEVER win anything nor am I lucky person.  But I was definitely "winning" on Wednesday!

See this picture- these tire flips and box jumps kicked my butt on Tuesday.  


I've been feeling extremely fatigued this week.  My doctor is still trying to adjust my synthroid and vitamin d supplements to no avail(yet).  So I decided a few days off from training is probably in my best interest.  Rest/recovery is critical and listening to your body is just as important.  It's extremely hard for me to "be still" (Psalm 46:10) however my body is fighting me.  So I will oblige!
Friday, I have a deep tissue massage with my favorite girl at the spa at my gym.  I hope she can work some of the tension out!

I am super excited because my local sports nutrition/health store is hosting a health expo!  I hope to stop and visit a few of my favorite nutrition vendors!!! 
If you are going- let me know! Let's meet up!!

What plans do you have this weekend????
I will be poolside, catching some rays and vitamin D!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment