Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hey Friends!
How is your week going?  Mine has been pretty good. Except that I might be getting "S*&%".  Yes I cannot even type the word let alone say it.  Sick! There I typed it! I absolutely hate, hate, hate being sick.  It seems menial and slows me down.  So here I am, home from work, laying on the couch watching Netflix.  Who is brining me soup?!?!? Anyone?? haha

Last night, when I was feeling ok, I experimented in the kitchen a bit.  My sister and brother-in-law have a little "farm" outside of Austin.  They have deer, pigs, chickens, among many other animals and vermin.  My brother-in-law gave me some venison backstrap when I was there a couple weeks back.  Typically my favorite way to prepare this cut of meat, is to "chicken-fry" and make gravy. GASP! My mom perfected this way of cooking it, so I wasn't even going to attempt it last night. Not to mention it's incredibly unhealthy(but so dang tasty).

I thought venison fajitas was a good way to prepare the meat.  I took some tequila and made a marinade, which it rested overnight. Here is the recipe.

Tequila Marinated Venison Fajitas
1 lb Venison(approximately)
2 tbsp Tequila(any brand)
1 Lime, juiced, zested set aside
1 tbsp Liquid Aminos
1 handful Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt

Whisk all ingredients together.  Place venison in a plastic bag or air tight container and pour marinade over top.  Refrigerate overnight(or for a few hours at least)
Remove and grill or cook in pan-whichever you prefer. 
I cooked these in coconut oil in a nonstick skillet.  It didn't get the "char" I like from the grill or a cast iron skillet would have, but they were still very tasty.  Operation Sherry-needs-a-grill is in full effect! 

Here are an article I found informational regarding working out while sick.

And

I hope these are helpful if anyone is battling a summer cold.
Time for some rest!  See ya tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment