Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend happenings

Hey friends!
I hope you all had a great weekend!  I hope you celebrated with your father, stepfather or adopted father!
I went to hang out at my parent's house on Friday and Saturday.  We did not get to go fishing, but we did get to shoot our guns.
I intended to cook for my dad but he insisted on cooking.  When he offers to fry soft-shell crabs- you do not argue with him! Yes I said- fry! It was treat day- don't judge!  Again- everything in moderation.  Not to mention I haven't had any fried foods in . . . . well I cannot remember.  Don't these look delicious?!?!

*not pictured- the delicious chocolate sheet cake my mom made. SMH

We played games that night and went to bed early.

Sunday, I got up EARLY, to head home then to church.  After church I hung out with friends and ate some really yummy brisket. 

I was a slacker and didn't meal prep so I had to get take out for lunch today.  I'm thinking crockpot buffalo chicken is what I will make tonight.  But I still have to go to  the grocery store.  At least I will  the crowd that is there on Sundays.

I am super excited to running another race on Saturday!!! This will be race #6 out of 12!
I am running the Independence Fun Run 10k hosted by the City of Deer Park.  This race benefits the Armed Forces Children's Education Fund.  You can find more info on this amazing fund at www.afcef.org

I need help finding a race in August.  Anyone know of any? I am willing to travel! Though not farther than Austin or Dallas.  

Here is some Monday Motivation for you!
haha I chose "look good naked".  Though a good a Tom Haverford "treat yo self" day is always fun!! (That is a Parks & Rec reference- if you've never watched the show- you're missing out! Catch it on netflix)

Later friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment