Monday, April 20, 2015

Eat More Rabbit Food!!


Hello Friends and Foodies!!!
Are you all being good and eating your daily recommended servings of vegetables??  Here is what the USDA recommends.  I take an every thing in moderation approach.  However when it comes to vegetables- especially green ones- I don't limit myself.  I also try to buy as much organic produce as I can afford.  I suggest reading this for guidelines regarding purchasing organic and non-GMO products.  One of my favorite vegetables is carrots.  Don't turn up your nose to carrots! What did they every do to you??? They're delicious- raw or cooked.  If I can persuade you to munch on them, buy organic.  I swear they're sweeter!!

Does anyone struggle with portion control?? I stumbled upon bags at Target when I was looking snack size bags.  These are perfect for both! As much as we both want to- don't fill it with chocolate chips! haha

It's Monday- which is leg day!  I started with a 1 mile warm-up run on the outdoor track at my gym.  The weather was just too nice to run indoors!  Got to get my dose of Vitamin D!  Once I warmed up, here is how the rest of my workout went:
  • Standing Leg Curls- 3 sets/12 reps
  • Leg Extension- 4 sets/15 reps
  • Bulgarian Split Squats- 4 sets/15 reps 
  • Dead lifts - same
  • Body Weight Lunges- 4 sets/20 reps
  • Leg Press-Single leg- 3 sets/15 reps
  • Cable thigh adductor- 3 sets/15 reps
  • Cable thigh abductor- 3 sets/15 reps
  • Glute Bridge with Bosu ball- 3 sets/15 reps
  • Calf Raises- didn't have time to do these! :-/

I had to take a selfie in one of my favorite gym tanks

I was experiencing "dead legs" and hobbled my way into the bistro to grab a protein shake and then headed home.  I whipped up dinner(baked fish with kale and zucchini) followed by my treat of Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple Protein dessert topped with some PB2.  Delicious and healthy!! 

I guess that is all for tonight folks.  It's time for some good old American baseball!  GO ASTROS!!!

I've got some VERY exciting news to share this week!!! Stay tuned!!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment