Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Easter Weekend! 

All week I was looking forward to the three day weekend.  Sorry to those who weren't fortunate enough to have Good Friday off work.  I did make it a productive day by hitting the gym.  I started with a 1 mile sprint then worked my back.  I did 40 jumping pull-ups and wow did those kick my butt!!(or lats I should say haha) I was rocking new favorite tank from Greater Threads!




After my workout, I hit HEB for weekly groceries.  My church small group was having a picnic on Saturday morning so I had to grab a couple things for my dessert.  I made a family summer staple recipe- Lemonade icebox cake! Semi-tart cake with sweet vanilla frosting- taste bud heaven friends!! Thank goodness Saturday is cheat meal day- so I was able to splurge! I also scored big time with 97cent pints of strawberries! No they weren't organic- but for 97cents- I can wash them in veggie wash!
After shopping and cleaning up, it was time to meet one of my besties, Erin, for girl's only dinner.  We hit our local BJ's(we're obsessed with their GF Mediterranean pizza) then hit a local favorite wine bar.  We stayed out too late but we had fun.

I was able to sleep in until 8 on Saturday before getting up and putting myself together for the picnic. The weather was cool and breezy until the sun poked out.  It was a great time and good to be able to meet my group members(I am in a women's only group) and their families.  After the picnic, I met up with Erin and her family to go Bernie's.  Bernie's is a Houston favorite.  It started out as "Bernie's Burger Bus, but by popularity he opened a restaurant.  You can see my choice here.  OMG it was SOOOO good.  I had a chicken burger called "The Hall Pass" with truffle oil fries.  Epic meal for cheat day.  I took it to the next level by finishing the meal with a Fluffernutter milkshake.  Peanut butter and marshmallow shake.  Friends- this shake was straight from Heaven. I can officially say I ate so much, I feel as though I may not need to eat for 3 days.  Haha probably not ;-)



Bernie's
    

Tonight I plan to spend some time at home, do some meal prep because I'm going to be up early for sunrise service.  Then volunteering in PeeWee Ville at my church.  Sorry I don't have any special recipes to share today, though I could share the lemonade icebox cake if anyone wants it.

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!  Hoppy Easter Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment