Saturday, April 18, 2015

Oh Saturday!
Well when the alarm went off at 5:30am I strongly contemplated not getting up.  However the forecast indicated rain wouldn't be moving through our area until 10am.  So I got dressed and headed out the door to the Superhero 5k run in Missouri City.  Made a quick pit stop at Starbucks for a pre-run jolt of energy.  I got into a few sprinkles on my route and but nothing substantial.  I arrived and grabbed my race packet.  I saw LOTS of Batman, Captain America and Wonder Woman.  I didn't dress up because I had no desire to run in a rain soaked costume(should it have rained).  I really enjoy these small town races.  They have local personal trainers and small gyms lead the runners in a warm up.  It's nice and is essential for injury prevention.  It a nice route and not crowded.  However the last 1.25 miles were through a trail.  And I DO NOT like getting my good running shoes muddy. haha oh well.  I finished in the time I expected(29:31).  Grabbed my swag and headed home.

4th race of 2015 in the books! Only 8 more to complete my goal!!

When I got home, I showered and got ready to head back out to run errands.  I needed to go to the Apple Store(in the mall-shoot me).  Considereing that was the only store I needed to go to, I was frustrated to find out upon arrival that they only had enough power to run lights.  Apparently during the storms last night lightning struck a transformer and half the stores in the mall were without power.  Yet you wouldn't have know considering all the people there.  
So I left, grabbed lunch at Zoe's then headed to the grocery store.  When I got home I promptly took a much needed nap!  
Dinner time rolled around and I headed out to Salata.  One of my favorite spots.  I snagged these shots on the way.  Gosh I'm so blessed to live in such a beautiful place in Texas.

Unique looking clouds.  God's work never ceases to amaze.


Yes yes I know I shouldn't be taking photos while driving.  But I think that was the other half of the rainbow!!!

Sorry I don't have any recipes to share tonight.  However I found these organic beauties at The Fresh Market.  I've got BIG plans for them when they ripen! Stay tuned!!

Well it's about that time! Plus the Rockets game is getting interesting!! GOOOOO ROCKETS!!! All the way baby!!
How was your Saturday??  
Any suggestions for a May race?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment