Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thirsty Thursday!!!
Hey Friends! I hope you all had a good day.
Our server at work was down ALL day. So I didn't get nearly enough accomplished as I like.  Especially since I'm working half a day tomorrow.  Speaking of Friday- a HUGE thing is happening!!! It's been a long time coming! Lots of prayers and blessings were put into this project.   EEK I'm almost about to give it away.  Ok moving on . . . .
This morning I was in a pancake mood.  So protein blueberry pancakes hit the stop.  Not pictured- the giant cup of coffee that MUST accompany a pancake. Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee. #coffeeaddict #coffeesnob  And speaking of coffee I DID NOT go to Starbucks today! I know thats hard to believe- is the world ending- probably not.  Though I will be making my usual Friday morning stop at Starbucks.

I am participating in a friend's company's health and wellness expo tomorrow.  I wanted to show off my cooking skills.  I whipped up this delicious snack for attendees to sample
I have to warn you- these nuts are addicting! Like crack! If I knew what crack was like! haha 
Spicy Sweet Nuts
1 cup unsalted cashews
1 cup unsalted peanuts
1-1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 c Local Honey
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.   Melt oil and whisk in sugar, honey, cayenne, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.  Using a large bowl pour in nuts and stir to mix.  Then add liquid mixture.  Stir gently to mix thoroughly.  Place the nut mixture on baking sheet.  Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes, stir nuts at minute 8.  Watch carefully as the sugar can burn easily.  Remove and let cool completely.  The nuts will break apart easily.  Enjoy the crunch!!  Suggested serving size- 1/2oz.  But good luck keeping your hand off these!!

In the spirit of treats, I found myself strolling down the ice cream aisle in the grocery store this afternoon.  Holy spoons look what I found!!!!!
I am SO excited to try these two flavors!!! I talked about how much I love this ice cream and how healthy it in this post.

I don't know about you but I am looking forward to the weekend.  On Saturday I will be joining about 70 of my sorority sisters to celebrate our 117th Founder's Day.  It's nice to join women of all ages, from all over the state, in one location, for one reason.
1 Life, 1 Letter, 1 Love

On Sunday hopefully we will have some sun!  Enough that I can lay out and read(all the while ignoring the chores I should be doing). #sundayfunday

What is your favorite Sunday activity?  


No comments:

Post a Comment