Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Woohoo it's Wednesday!

We've made it half way through the week! Today was busy and I didn't even work out today. I trained legs on Monday and chest and tricep's on Tuesday- so I definitely needed the recovery day.

I ordered business cards and a banner for the upcoming health expo a friend invited me to.  I'm nervous but excited about getting my name out there and showing off my cooking skills.

One of my close friends was generous enough to take some photographs for a project I'm working on.  Here are a few of my favorite shots:

I seriously need a tan and to learn how to flex and pose! haha

Since we needed some "action" photos- I decided to make salmon cakes.  A staple in my home growing up.  My version is much healthier than the ones my mom made.  However, whenever my mom makes them- of course I can't pass them up.  

Slim Salmon Cakes
1- 4.5 oz can boneless skinless pink salmon, drained
2 tbsp Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
2 tsp whole wheat flour
1 tbsp egg white
2 tbsp chopped green onions
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dill
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning(or your favorite seafood seasoning)
dash of parsley
Sea Salt 
Once fish is drained, pour it into a small bowl and flake it with a fork.  Then add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Form mixture into 2 patties.  Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray(I use coconut oil spray).  Heat to medium high heat and place patties in pan.  Cakes should be sizzling.  Cook for 4 minutes then flip and cook for another 4 minutes.  The trick is DO NOT MOVE THE CAKES ONCE YOU PLACE THEM IN THE PAN.  This will allow them to crisp and turn golden.  Then I finish the cakes in a 350 degree oven for 3-4 minutes.  Or you could broil them.  Serve with lemon and greek yogurt.  Or if you're me- a dollop of ketchup! 

This munchkin tried to steal the show tonight.  She loves attention and commanded my friend Carol to take her pic!  I think we can agree she is far more photogenic than I am!

Don't you just love her mustache?!?!?!?  Charlie Chaplin/Adolf Hitler mustache. haha


My 3:00 cup of coffee included this treat!  Seriously you can set your watch to my 3:00 cup.  I'm addicted what can I say?! I truly enjoy the taste of coffee(I'm a high maintenance coffee drinker- no convenience store java for me).  Friends, if you haven't paired coffee and a quest bar- you're missing out.  What is your favorite flavor?!?!?! 

Well, Wednesday is winding down and I should probably get ready for bed.  It's thirsty Thursday tomorrow! You all know what that means . . . . nothing for this gal.  Sadly! haha


Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment