Friday, April 17, 2015

TGIF!!!
I think that bears repeating- TGIF!!!!  It started off like any other typical Friday- me running late for work, and still stopping a Dunkin Donuts for an iced coffee.  Work was work.  I am thankful that I get off early on Fridays.  So promptly at 4, I packed up and headed home.
I got in a quick yoga session, courtesy of a Jillian Michaels Youtube video via Apple TV.
I wanted a easy afternoon since I am running the Missouri City Superhero 5k tomorrow morning.  Or hope to if these terrible thunderstorms die down.  I know it's only a 5k and all but I have to be up at 5:30am! I don't care who you are- that's early friends.  In my personal endeavor to run a race every month for a year, this will be my fourth race.  I try to pick a race that benefits a women's or children's charity.  This race benefits Stand Up 2 Cancer.  You can find more info here
Even though I wanted to be in bed early, I still made time to create a relatively healthy dinner.  I had some turkey taco meat in the fridge and some corn tortillas. BAM! Nachos!
I've perfected baking corn tortilla chips. It's super simple and just as tasty as the restaurant style chips.
As you can tell I didn't have time to take a picture of the nachos all dressed up.  I was far too hungry and shoveled them into my mouth.  Am I the only one who automatically defaults to Mexican food when you don't have a preset dinner plan???  Or is that a Texas thing?
Does anyone have a good whole wheat tortilla recipe? If so, send it my way. And the person who can show me how to make homemade tortillas.  That is one art I haven't tried to conquer yet.

It's time to wrap this up.  The weather has calmed down. I was looking for it to soothing me to sleep. Though I would probably lay awake wondering if a power surge would ruin my new tv and apple tv.  

Goodnight!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment