Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Monday and Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday all!  Everyone Monday I post a "Motivation Monday" picture/quote/inspiration on my Instagram.  Here is today's

I trained legs at the gym today.  I didn't get to work everything I wanted to but I was running behind, and quite frankly I was HONGRY!!! haha  I am excited to be running in the Missouri City Parks & Rec - Stand Up 2 Cancer Superhero Run on Saturday!  I am going run in a Catgirl costume.  Though I'm sure I will loose the mask half way through the race.  This will be 4th race of the year in my "year of races" goal.  One race per month.  Speaking of, I need to pick a race for May. Suggestions?!?!?!

Friday was a good day.  Short day at work and I was able to meet a friend and her daughter at Starbucks chai tea before I headed to the gym.  Here is a progress photo.  I rarely post pictures like this but I am so proud of the small changes I'm seeing.  We often don't celebrate the small things because we want bigger changes and at a faster rate.  But Rome was built in a day.  It takes time and consistency!
Don't mind my goofy facial expression!


The weekend started with this
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancake, scrambled eggs and bacon from one of my favorite breakfast spots- The Egg & I! So delish! TG for cheat days!  It is ok to indulge every now and again.  Everything in moderation!
Saturday evening, I met up with my friend Erin, from Erin's Sweet Boutique. We had salad, pizza and adult beverages while watching the Aziz Ansari MSG show.  It's hilarious, but not appropriate for children.

Sunday started off with church, then serving in PeeWee Ville.  Then I was off to my neice's surprise 7th birthday party~ at Chuck E. Cheese.  

Wow, no one warned me how loud that place is!  I should have brought ear plugs! However that delicious cake more than made up for the noise.  Don't judge- I had a very small piece.  
After the party I headed home for a bit, then to meet my small group for dinner and discussion.  Then I finished the night by watching Mad Men with a friend.  It's second half of the final season!! It's so interesting.  Even though I have a love/hate relationship with Don Draper but I'm sad that the series is ending.

Well I have an RMR test(resting metabolic rate) early in the morning, so I guess I better hit the sack.  Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment