Thursday, May 28, 2015

A day behind . . .
With the holiday on Monday, I have my days mixed up.  On Tuesday I posted my usual Monday Motivation on Instagram.  Then I forgot to post for New Recipe Tuesday.  I am on track now!

Yesterday was my 30-something birthday.  A lady never tells her age (c;  My sweet niece and 2 nephews etched called me to sing Happy Birthday to me.  That was the best gift I could have received.

Confession- I am TERRIBLE at checking the mailbox.  I did however check it on Tuesday.  My birthday wasn't even on my mind.  I'm glad I did!! Because I received 2 birthday cards from friends.  One friend who lives 3 miles from me and another friend who lives a thousand miles away!!! I felt so special, both contained Starbucks gift cards! My friends certainly know the way to my heart!

I didn't have any big plans after work, so I hit the gym.  After the gym, I played a bit in the kitchen.  I wanted fish tacos but didn't have any salsa.  I remembered I had cilantro and a can of green chillies.  So I created this dinner
That tiny dollop of green sauce is my green chili sauce.
Green Chili Sauce
1-4 oz can of diced green chilies
1handfull cilantro
1/4 c onion, rough chop
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 lime juiced
1 jalapeño, seeded
1-2 tbsp nonfat plain greek yogurt(depending on how creamy you like it)
Throw all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend to desired consistency.  Store in airtight container in the fridge.


Wednesday was another low key day.  Work then gym then home.  Wow don't I lead such an exciting life?? haha
My evening did brightened when I remembered that on Wednesdays, the sailboats are on the lake all evening.  
You cannot see the 20+ boats on the lake.  Scenic. Perfect way to spend the evening, lake side with a book.
After the sun set, I headed indoors to whip up dinner.  By dinner I mean this amazing tastebud heaven of a pizza
Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza!!!!!!
I forgot to take protein out of the freezer so I wasn't left with much options.  I then remembered I had a raw spaghetti squash in the fridge.  I've seen lots of recipes on Pinterest for this crust.  
It turned out really well!  I like a crispy pizza crust(unless I'm in Chicago) and this didn't crisp like I prefer.  However, I will tweak the recipe and it should get crispier next time.  I will post the recipe later.

After dinner I watched the Rockets game and went to bed entirely too late.  

Friends, just two more days until the weekend!!! #weekendwarrior




No comments:

Post a Comment