Monday, May 18, 2015

Scenes from the weekend

Hello All! How was your weekend?? Mine was busy but good.

Friday started off well since I only worked until noon.  I threw my bags in the car and headed to Austin.  Well technically I headed to a tiny town outside Austin.  So remote that I didn't have cell signal.  Despite the high tech world we live in, yes there are still parts of the world where you cannot make a call or surf the internet.  I like to refer to this a "digital detox" and it was SO nice.  Which is also why this post is late. I arrived in Austin just in time to meet my sister and nephew before we headed out again to meet family for dinner.

We headed to a town called Winchester to eat at a little steak house.  Since I rarely eat steak, I was quite excited.
While this looks tasty- I was less than impressed.  I will admit it- I am a high maintenance when it comes to food.  If I'm spending money and eating high in calories or fat- then it better be worth it.  This wasn't.  I took 2 bites, and deferred the plate to my brother-in-law, but not before I polished off the steamed veggies.  So can someone redeem this meal and grill me a steak??? 
After dinner we headed back to my sister and brother-in-law's house for the night.
Saturday my sister, her sister-in-law, and mother-in-law drove in Austin for brunch.  We ended up here
It's a great breakfast place.  They're known for their pancakes so of course I obliged.
That is a half stack- one gingerbread pancake and one blueberry pancake.  SO delish!  Yes that is a mimosa in the back ground. Brunch isn't brunch with out a mimosa!
While dining 2 armed service men and 1 armed service woman sat next to us.  The Spirit moved me to pay for their meal to thank them for their service and sacrifice for our country.  Pay it forward friends!!!
After brunch we headed to S. Congress to do some shopping.  Our first stop was Hill Country Weavers. *NERD ALERT* I knit. And I love yarn.  I was quite responsible and didn't spend a entire paycheck on yarn.  My voice of reason(my sister) was policing me.  I did grab these two skeins
These beauties will, most likely, be a pair of socks. Short socks to be exact.

Our next stop was for a cappuccino at this great Italian place called Enoteca.  Epic fail on my part for not taking a picture of the beautiful iced coffee I got.  The weather was warm and I needed a cold caffeinnated beverage to cool down! 

After our 3:00 cup of coffee we left that part of Austin to head home.  Well not before we stopped at this monstrous Goodwill store- as recommended by my sister's friend.  This little pit stop, will require it's own post. It was that crazy! haha 
Saturday night was relaxing dinner with my family.  We sat outside on picnic table and watched the sunset over the hills in Austin. Picture perfect evening.

Sunday was a BIG day for our family.  My sister and brother-in-law were baptized.  Along with 18 other people.  What an amazing experience to be a part of!!

Sunday evening was another big event.  The finale of MAD MEN!!!!  If you haven't watched the series- YOU NEED TO!  I had mixed feelings about finale.  
Did anyone watch it? What did you think?

Today was just another day at the office. 

At the gym- that was different story.  It was leg day and really wanted to push myself to the limit today.  I ran quick warm up mile on the treadmill then started with hamstrings.  

I did decline bench DB curls.  Here is a video on how to perform this exercise.
Here is breakdown of the exercises I did today:
Hamstring Curls- 4 sets, 15 reps
Leg Extension- "    "
Split Squats- "  " per leg
Dead Lift- "   "
Walking Lunges- 3 sets, 20 reps/10 per leg - for this I held a 20lb barbell over my head, like this
Single Leg Press- 3 sets, 15 reps
Thigh Adductor- 4 sets, 15 reps
Then I stretched and used the foam roller.  The foam roller is my best friend!  It painful to use when you're sore but it really helps lessen the soreness.

I've been working on a couple recipes for you all! The house smells amazing and I cannot wait to share them- tomorrow!!
One healthy recipe and one not-so-healthy-or-clean recipe.  Look for the post tomorrow.

Goodnight Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment