Monday, May 25, 2015

Scenes from the weekend- WARNING- photo bomb!!!

Hello Friends! How was your weekend? Mine was low key but really good.

Friday night I had dinner with friends from my small group and was home in bed by 10:30. #oldladystatus

On Saturday I went to a pool party/crawfish boil hosted by some friends from my church.  I was excited because this was the first time this summer I have eaten crawfish.  I was also excited at the opportunity to spend some time in the sun.
As you can see, there were plenty of spicy crawfish to go around!  After the party, I went grocery shopping and settled in for a relaxing evening at home.

After church on Sunday, I headed into the city to spend the afternoon with my dear friend Lisa.  Since it is my birthday weekend, we started off by pampering ourselves with a pedicure.
Neon pink looking good in my new J. Crew sandals(50% off- I love the outlet)
After our pampering session we headed to Highland Village for a little shopping before dinner.
I picked up these beautiful plates, again 50% off!  

I also picked up with neat little porcelain juicer, on sale.  You know you're a foodie when you are excited to go to Anthropologie for the housewares not the clothing!

After our shopping trip, we headed to True Food Kitchen for dinner.  We started with these tasty cocktails- Cucumber Martini and Acai Apricot Mojito.
 Followed by the Street Tacos(2 fish, 1 steak)
They weren't as good as I had hoped.  However, Lisa had a quinoa burger that was so tasty.  The real star of the dinner were these!!!
The Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp and Flourless Chocolate Cake were to DIE for!!!  If we had known dessert was going to outshine the entrees, we wouldn't have ordered entrees!!  After we stuffed ourselves to oblivion, we headed back to Lisa's place to take her pup, Bailey for a walk.
Sadly, I often forget how beautiful my hometown is!  #houston
After the much needed walk, for both Bailey and us, we drank tea and chatted until midnight.
On Monday, Lisa, had an early training session, so I joined her at her gym to train legs.  Holiday or not- I always train!
Fit Athletic Club is a nice place!  It was a nice change of scenery, but of course, my heart belongs to The Fitness Center!

After our sweat session, we headed to the Drybar.  I had never had a blowout.  I don't usually splurge on things like this but it was SO nice.  Washing, blow drying and styling your hair is time consuming.  It's nice to be able to have someone do it for you!  MEN- you really do have it so easy!
After our blowout, I headed back home to meet up with my friend Faith to continue my weekend birthday celebration.
We ate lunch, then hit the mall to use some of my birthday coupons.  Of course the mall was packed and every store seemed to have a 20+ minute wait to check out! Grrr! So we left empty handed.  We popped in the Nordstrom Rack to see why the hype was all about.  We found WAY too many pretty dresses we wanted but weren't willing to pay $130 for them.  I did fall in love with at least 3 pairs of shoes.  But I was a good girl and didn't buy any.
Next we went to Barnes and Noble for books and coffee(woohoo for free Starbucks birthday drink).  While I LOVE my Nook and iPad, I am still a traditionalist and love tangible books.  I picked up a new cookbook, and another book.  Don't worry I plan to share the book and some recipe creations.  I ran into a friend, her hubby and daughter also.  We ALL sat down in the middle of the store, drank coffee, chatted and shared our book finds.
After a bit, we said our goodbyes and headed our own ways.  
Faith and I needed a snack, so we headed to Chuy's for some tortilla soup.  After dinner we parted and headed home.
Once home, I loved on my cat, who I think thought I left the condo to her. haha  I started meal prep and watched the Rockets clutch the 4th game to secure a 5th game!!!  GOOOO ROCKETS!!!

Memorial Day holds a special place in all our of hearts.Thank you for all the service men and women, who have served, are serving and will serve.  It is because of your dedication, commitment and selflessness that I am able to experience such freedoms and get to write this blog.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all and your families!

The weather is getting bad here.  Wind is picking up and flash flood warnings have been issued.

My prayers go out to all those that have been affected by this severe weather that has been moving through Texas and other parts of the country.  Be safe friends!

How did you all celebrate this holiday and long weekend???


No comments:

Post a Comment