Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Hellloooooo Friends!
How was your Tuesday? Mine was pretty good!  The usual- work, lunch, work, then off to the gym.  I need to start putting in more miles than I have the past few weeks.  So I decided to just do cardio today.  I stretched and jumped on the treadmill.  Yes, the treadmill. Hamster on a wheel.  But it was a bit cloudy and I worried that I would be half way from the gym and it start to rain. BC that is just the kind of luck I have.  Anyways, I flew through 3 miles like it was nothing.  I felt so good I wanted to run 3 more, but I couldn't because I was hand delivering a cookbook to a friend.

Earlier I posted this sneak peek photo
Well I turned it into this
Chicken Tikka Masala, Curry Chickpeas and Roasted Tomatoes! OMG it was so tasty.  The tikka masala is missing a spice.  Good thing one of my fave guy friends is Indian and said his mom was willing to teach me how to cook it!!! However my new recipe is dead on for serving size.  I used 2 medium chicken breasts- which equates to 4 servings!  Same serving size for the curry chickpeas!!!  And well roasted tomatoes- super simple and quite addicting.
Since I need to tweak the chicken tikka masala recipe- I will share the Curry Chickpea Recipe:

CURRY CHICKPEAS
1- 15oz can Organic Chickpeas(garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1 tsp coconut oil(could substitute olive oil, coconut has a better flavor)
1 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until melted.  Then add chickpeas, curry and salt.  Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.  Cook longer until peas are tender but not mush.
Serve!
Done! Wasn't that simple?!?!?!

Well I have an ice pack with my name on it(hip flexor pain) and Astros baseball to watch!  Catch up with you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment