Sunday, May 31, 2015

Scenes from a wonderful weekend

Friday started out like any other Friday. Me running late for work but still stopping at Starbucks nonetheless.  A sweet guy literally tripped over a chair to open the door for me! I love that Southern Gentlemen nature!  He opened the door for me, only to walk into this tall, dark haired light eyed man.  Um hello- swoon!  He me my eyes and smiled right at me- wearing his adorable sport jacket, jeans and converse! He lingered until after I got my coffee, which seemed like an eternity.  Then lingered even longer to open the door for me when I was leaving. I got in my car and he got into his(BMW BTW) haha.  So I will definitely be "running late" next Friday in hopes of seeing him again! haha (c;

After work, I hit the gym as usual.  I got in 30 minutes on the treadmill (fartlek 5k style) then 30 minutes on the elliptical.  Afterwards, I baked muffins and coffee cake for a baby shower brunch I was hosting for my dear friend Athena.

The alarm went off too early saturday morning, but I was excited for the brunch.  Here are a few pictures of my table-scape and the beautiful mom and her sister(my co-host)


Homemade cookies from Erin's Sweet Boutique


Since this was Athena's 3rd child, we decided on a simple spread.  We also didn't want to play the traditional baby shower games.  They get boring and everyone already knows the answers.  Instead we opted to play a different game- "Celebrity Mom".  It's like Guess Who.  I picked 20 women(actresses, politicians, musicians, etc).  It was fun and a few names really stumped the group! Everyone had fun.  
After the brunch, I headed home for a nap.  Nap time is mandatory for a toddler, and should be for adults also!  
After my nap, I met up with my older sister for dinner and good old girl chat.  We ate dinner at PF Changs, which was tasty.  Then did a bit of shopping, using my birthday coupons before they expired.  Lastly we capped the night with a decaf latte at Starbucks.

On Sunday I met my sister at Starbucks(yes again- and only because I left my new bag coffee in my sister's car).  We sipped and chatted more then headed to church. 
After church we headed to Galveston!  

Considering we have experienced record breaking rain storms, it was great to see the sun!
This was an extra special trip to the beach- I was being baptized!!!!  I was baptized as an infant and have always believed and known my heart belonged to Him.  But believer's baptism is an outward profession that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.  This has been a long time in the making.  I attended another church prior to the church I am now.  I haven't felt at "home" until attending Clear Creek Community Church.  This church has enabled me to be at home, serve and be in community.  The women pictured here are the sweet group I get to share my Sunday evenings with as we study His word.  I am SO blessed to be a part of such an amazing group.  (My sister is the one to the right of me, she lives and attends church in another city)

After the baptism we headed to a Seawall landmark- The Spot, for a late lunch.  
After lunch, we all parted ways.  I headed home to begin meal prep and wind down for the evening.
Before church I was able to throw this roast in the the crockpot.
Well that looks digesting doesn't it! It isn't though!  The "black" part is actually coffee grounds. Coffee grounds add a great depth of flavor.  I call this pork "organic" because it is from a wild hog from the farm my sister and her family live on.  haha
Meal prep continued into the evening resulting in this:
Breakfast will be the spaghetti squash egg casserole.  My lunch will be the roast pork, with cauliflower mash with a green vegetable(I have yet to cook).  Dinner will be turkey quinoa burger with a vegetable side(I will be making these Monday night).  If you've never had roasted cauliflower(pictured above) or cauliflower mash, then you're missing out!!!  I will post all these recipes on Tuesday.


It has been a whirl wind of a weekend.  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.  Did you make any tasty creations? If so, please share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment