Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Motivation
If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, I posted this little nugget of advice
I try to eat as clean and natural as I can.  I often say "If you cannot pronounce it, then you shouldn't be putting it into your body" By pronounce I don't mean ethnic foods. haha  When you read a nutritional label and you cannot pronounce the ingredients- then odds are- it's man made.  And you don't need it.
Here is a great article on reading nutrition labels and understanding what you should consume and shouldn't.

On my quest to run a race every month for a year, I registered for a race called Top Gun Virtual Race.  You can run a 5k or 10k anywhere from May 23rd to May 31st.  May is such a busy month this was the only race that fit into my schedule.  I am planning to run a 5k on the 23rd at the local nature trails by my condo.  I am so excited.  The proceeds from this race go to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.  This is a great organization that supports the families of military personnel lost in service to our nation and for severely wounded military personnel and veterans.  If you want more information about the race, you can check out their website, www.fallenheroesfund.org
I will be running this race to honor my cousin.  He has served in the Army for over 10 years.  We all owe our service men and women, and their families, a great many thanks!

I don't watch much tv.  I mainly have it for background noise.  However, I am SO bummed that there is only one more episode of Mad Men left!!!! Is anyone else obsessed with series????  I love the dynamic characters.  You go from loving Don Draper to hating him Don Draper all in the same episode. Same with Betty!  Betty Draper- now that is my girl crush! haha

Anyways, let me get back to my hopeless romantic movie watching- The Lucky One. haha

Good night friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment