Sunday, May 3, 2015

Epic Weekend
How is your weekend going? I don't want to brag but mine has been pretty epic!  First I am elated to announce that I have sold ALL my cookbooks.  More specifically the first batch I had printed.  I am so humbled by the outpouring of love and support.  If you didn't purchase one and want one, please let me know.  I am heading to the print shop again this week!!

Friday I met up with some friends for dinner and a concert.
(yes I realize that is just a picture of him playing the piano haha)

The concert was great, the weather was great and great company to go with! Like seriously who can say they've been to an Elton John concert? I'm sure his touring days are coming to a close so I'm so glad I was able to see him play.

My friend and I woke up ravenous this morning!  So we headed out to a great little breakfast spot.  Since it was Saturday, it was our cheat meal day, we went all out and ordered this delicious dish!
(Italian Toast and scrambled eggs- similar to french toast but holy tastebuds it was so much better)

Later I delivered cookbooks to friends who had purchased them and then hit the gym.  It was so quiet, because everyone was either at the beach or on the water.  I wish I was.   I trained back and bi's with a  5- 30 second rounds of burpees then 5- 30 second rounds of mountain climbers.  That kicks my butt every time.

Saturday evening was laid backs. I watched a friend's grandsons for a few hours.  We took advantage of the nice weather and had a "pizza picnic" outside.  These two are a hoot.
I was up early on Sunday for church.  Then hit the grocery store and home for a few hours to read.  Becoming a contagious Christian is a good book. I highly recommend it!

Then at 5 I headed out the door to meet with my small group for discussion and potluck dinner.  My friend made pulled pork.  Her dry rub on the pork was SO good.  She got the recipe from her brother but he said she was sworn to secrecy regarding the recipe.  I'm so bummed.  However when I asked her if there were coffee grounds in the rub- she said yes.  Sooooooo I will be creating a new pork rub recipe soon!

Speaking of recipes, I like Indian food.
Can you guess what I am experimenting with this week??? Chicken Tikka Masala.  Has anyone ever made this at home?  I want to create a "clean" recipe.  I hope to post the recipe tomorrow.  #sundayfunday

What was your biggest recipe/creation failure?  Did you try it again and succeed?


No comments:

Post a Comment