Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New Recipe Tuesday!!!
Today was much like any other day.  Except that it was one of bestie's birthday!  Her hubby had to work so the two of us and her 2 daughters went out to dinner.
After I got home from dinner I decided to experiment in the kitchen.  It started out like this-

Can anyone guess what I'm making????  Homemade peanut butter.  Here is the finished project-
As you can tell it didn't come out like I intended.  I can't say it was a failure though!  My ingredients(i didn't add the protein powder) and measurements were appropriate, but my technique was off.  I used my Vitamix blender instead of a food processor.  A food processor probably works better because of the larger diameter of the bowl versus the diameter of the blender.  The "crunchy" style peanut butter tastes good, just a bit grainy in texture.  Not a complete failure as it will be good in protein shakes or maybe I can whip up some protein PB cups.
I want to rework the recipe tomorrow then I will post the recipe.
I appreciate your patience (c;

It is pouring down rain outside, so I will sleep like a baby.  Anyone else sleep heavy when it's stormy outside?


No comments:

Post a Comment