Thursday, May 14, 2015

Happy Thursday Friends!!
I don't know about you but I am SOOOO ready for the weekend!  I am traveling to Austin this weekend to spend some time with my sister, brother-in-law and my nephew.  I am excited because I know I will get to eat at this amazing burger place called Roadhouse. Like seriously the BEST burger you will ever eat!! Worth every calorie! Don't judge me- it will be on my cheat meal!

I have been playing in the kitchen as usual.  Since my attempt at homemade "peanut butter" wasn't as successful as I would have liked, I wanted to repurpose the mixture toward a treat.  So threw some stuff in a bowl and came up with these
Protein Cookie Bars
According to my friend, these look like dog food.  But I promise you taste nothing like dog food. Not that I know what dog food tastes like.  This is a rough recipe so I need to adjust the measurements to make a larger batch.  I will tweak the recipe and post it on Tuesday.  #newreceipetuesday
Tonight I had a "meatless" meal.  I did "Meatless Mondays" dinners for years and I really enjoyed it.   That is what really challenged me to create new recipes.  It propelled the cookbook.
Here is what dinner looked like- helluva lotta veggies!
If you haven't roasted a portobello mushroom- you're missing out!!  I suggest marinating it.  I make a simple quick marinade with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onion and garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt and dried parsley.  Marinate overnight or all day in the fridge.  Roast at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until tender.  Pure deliciousness!!!  Portobello Mushrooms can be grilled also.  You would still marinate it if you choose to grill it instead of roasting it.

Well my hometown team, The Rockets, are about to tip off. Time to root root root for the home team!  

Do you all have big weekend plans? Anyone have any suggestions for breakfast options in Austin? Other than Magnolia Cafe(one of my favorites)
Have a good Friday everyone! I have the day off haha- not bragging just saying (c;

No comments:

Post a Comment